Saturday, February 12, 2011

reflection

Looking at my blog I see some improvements in my work. Especially when I look at the pencil drawings that we did on drop everything and draw Tuesdays. With each drawing I use more and more detail and shading to show a certain perspective. My overall artwork has improved a lot since the beginning of the year also. I think that the course has gone great for me, and it has overall helped me improve. I think one of my strengths is definatly drawing from observation. I am very good at creating something that is right in front of me and making it look close to what I see. Something that I enjoy is playing with different materials and seeing how they work. I love to experiment and create pieces that I am not sure how they will turn out. One of my challenges is thinking of ideas. It is very hard for me to sit down and think of a good idea to use, but once I get one I can just jump in and get started. Leaving this class I will think about how I can do some more art in the third term. I will also think about doing some more drawings on my own.

3 comments:

  1. Can you imagine your love for playing with materials being the way you generate ideas for your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that by playing with materials and just messing around something might happen that would give me a good idea to go off of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...a good way to approach your work.

    ReplyDelete