Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Artist Statement

Ever since I was little I always found enjoyment in painting. Whether it was finger painting, water colors or acrylic painting I had always loved the way the paint showed up on the paper or canvas. Looking at paintings of landscapes has always interested me. I love the concept of someone taking something that is already so beautiful and turning it into a different form of beauty. Last year I painted my first landscape painting for my dad for fathers day. It was very special for him since the picture was of one of his favorite views in the world, the top of mount Sunapee looking onto the lake. Since my family owns a house on the lake, this specific view is very special to all of us. By painting that, not only was I creating beautiful artwork but there was a lot of meaning behind it and that made it very special. Ever since then I have loved painting landscapes and things that are important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment